Foreign body in the stomach: Dentures


Creative Commons License

ZİHNİ İ. , Karakose O., Ozcelik K. C. , Pulat H., Duran A.

TURKISH JOURNAL OF SURGERY, vol.33, no.3, pp.222-223, 2017 (Journal Indexed in ESCI) identifier identifier identifier

  • Publication Type: Article / Article
  • Volume: 33 Issue: 3
  • Publication Date: 2017
  • Doi Number: 10.5152/ucd.2015.3053
  • Title of Journal : TURKISH JOURNAL OF SURGERY
  • Page Numbers: pp.222-223

Abstract

Although it is mostly observed in childhood, swallowing foreign bodies causes morbidity and mortality of a high percentage in the adult age group. Swallowed foreign bodies can be both harmless as well as life-threatening. The number, shape, size, and time of the swallowed foreign body to get deposited in the specific location determines the type of treatment. Late diagnosis and treatment is an important problem that causes perforation and obstruction. In this article, we presented a 39-year-old male patient who swallowed his denture while sleeping.